Guardianships and Conservatorships
How to best serve your loved one.
The Firm represents individuals petitioning to serve as guardians and conservators of their loved ones. And, the Firm assist families in adopting children.
A leader in the probate bar, the Firm's principal Adam Walters is frequently asked to teach continuing education classes in probate administration for attorneys and certified public accountants. He is also frequently asked by the Chatham County Probate Court to serve as an attorney for proposed wards and as a guardian ad litem for minors and incapacitated adults in estate matters. Adam is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Savannah Estate Planning Council. He is on the faculty of the National Business Institute where he teaches course on probate administration and litigation.
* Service as an attorney or guardian ad litem in over 250 probate matters, contested and uncontested.
* Obtained Letters of Guardianship and Conservatorship for niece after contested hearing by proposed ward.
* Obtained dismissal on behalf of proposed ward in Guardianship proceeding after contested hearing.
* Obtained dismissal on behalf of proposed ward in Guardianship proceeding after filing of motion to dismiss.
* Representation of conservators and personal injury attorneys in obtaining probate court approval for settlements.
* Represented conservator in resolving accounting dispute with court.
For Guardianship and Conservatorship needs call Walters Law at (912) 897-4100.