The Firm has significant experience in assisting small businesses and non-profits with their decisions, disputes and transactions.
The Firm's expertise includes the following:
- Employment Agreements
- Business formation and dissolution
- Mergers and Acquisition
- Development of governance documents
- Breach of Contract disputes
- Employment litigation
- EEOC investigations
- Tortious Interference with Contracts
- Non-compete agreements
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Trademarks and Service Marks
- Represented former shareholder of practice in litigation against former practice resulting in six-figure judgment for client.
- Represented physician practice in defense of six figure breach of contract action, resulting in dismissal by Plaintiff without settlement.
- Defense of contractor resulting in negotiation of satisfaction of default judgment.
- Represented Physician Practice in EEOC investigation resulting from ADA complaint, resulting in dismissal by EEOC.
- Appointment by Superior Court as Receiver for Private Duty Nursing Agency.
- Represented health care organization in US DOL Wage & Hour Audit, resulting in favorable resolution avoiding liquidated damages and/or civil penalties.
- Represented FQHCs and medical practices in discrimination lawsuits. All cases were dismissed prior to trial or settled for nuisance value.
- Obtained $427,000 judgment for former executive director of non-profit health center. The representation included successful advocacy before the Georgia Court of Appeals on employers appeal of judgment. Gateway Community Board v. Bonati, 810 S.E.2d 743 (Ga. App. 2018)
- Negotiated and drafted hundreds of employment agreements and service agreements for health care providers and small businesses.
- Registered trademarks and service marks for several clients.
- Represented former director of sales in a breach of contract case against client resulting in a confidential settlement in favor of client that exceeded initial demand.
- Service as arbitrator in 20+ commercial disputes.
- Representation of laboratory in breach of contract case resulting in settlement favorable to client.
- Representation of both commercial debtors and creditors in collections matters.